What are the Top Marketing Strategies for 2021?
As technologies are evolving so are the marketing strategies. We can juxtapose the two for the reason that not only they are somehow going hand in hand but also the think tanks and individual minds behind them are always looking for ways to better serve and engage their users and target audience. Now, before we zero in on our subject of promising marketing strategies for 2021, there are some other details that we can’t overlook. Most importantly, how things have changed because of the horrendous novel coronavirus. Many who deliberately drafted campaigns with set objectives at the beginning of this year had to restart again from scratch. So things can go wrong anytime from nowhere which could affect lives and overall consumer perspective and hence their experience. It’s also worth mentioning that these predicted strategies for the coming year are based on insights of marketing professionals. The adoption of these encouraging marketing tactics in your approach also depends upon your long term goal. However, a marketer should always keep a room in their plan to incorporate new marketing trends and tactics that help realize the objective. As no one can say that the forecasts will surely come true, what really certain is that marketing and business endeavours will be diverse and linked to actual customer needs. So, here are the top marketing strategies for 2021 that will ensure engagement, conversion and returns. 1. Top-notch Customer Experience The critical factor of customer experience has added new dimensions and meaning to marketing. Today, it has become top priority for brands to ensure excellent customer experiences. From the earlier approach of attempting to convince the audience to buy or convert, it has now moulded into providing delightful customer experiences that will encourage people to come back, buy or convert more often.
The marketer should let marketing take care of itself and rather focus on improving CX through a wide range of means that includes personalized messaging that helps customers in buying decisions; customer-oriented business culture; addressing customer queries; friendly services; coordination among marketing, sales and customer service teams; convenient payment options; easy mobile access; and compelling content and design. When quality CX is ensured in every aspect of marketing, it also generates referrals. As every day is becoming the customer’s day, you’ll find all other marketing trends just revolving around CX. 2. It’s Time to Reach Out to Generation Z We have been through more than half of 2020 and marketers are still obsessed with millennials whose significant proportion have become adult. Millennials, or Generation Y, are the people who were born from 1981 to 1996 and they precede Generation Z that is anyone born from 1997 onwards. As the younger generation is spending a lot of time online on platforms apart from social media, such as those popular for live video streaming, some brands have started advertising on them to target generation z, in addition to millennials. The brands are exploring the potential for influencer content and are partnering with streaming stars. The young audience of generation z is far familiar with digital things and has a different point of view than other generations. It’s the right time to add new features to your content marketing and personalize it to match and target the decision-makers of tomorrow.
3. The Enticing Featured Snippets in Google Search Search Engine Optimization (SEO) continues to have its formidable presence in digital marketing landscape due to its unquestionable advantages. Over the years, we have seen major algorithm changes in SEOs including increased significance of content and customer experience. Nowadays there has also been a massive change in the way people use Google search. The number of mobile users, voice searches, and our desire for quicker information have burgeoned in recent times. Google has also retained its sharp focus on user experience. All of these have resulted in the introduction of lot many new things, including featured snippets, which are effecting more competitiveness of Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs). Featured Snippet also called Answer Box or position zero appears at the top of Google’s search result to serve quicker answers to queries. Featured snippets display content from web pages present in Google’s index. These pages may not be present higher in Google’s ranking thus featured snippets are also an opportunity for SEO professionals to boost their click-through rate without being number one in SERPs. A featured snippet also eliminates the need for visiting a website as a brief answer to a search query is already available on the SERPs. As a marketer you should do small and necessary adjustments on your pages that take you #0 spot and therefore enjoy a huge benefit over your competitors.
4. Voice Search All the folks who are in the marketing sphere must have heard the prediction that 50% of searches this year will be voice based. The forecast is attributed to growth in the business of smart speakers and voice-enabled devices like Amazon Echo, Google Home, Siri, Alexa and more. For the rise in voice searches, marketers will need to adjust their SEO strategies. The small SEO adjustments and optimization will help keep their links at the top of the SERPs and remain ahead of their competitors. This will further ensure that their brand don’t lose a proportion of organic traffic.
The requirement of different SEO tactics comes from the fact that voice search queries are longer as they include more number of keywords compared to text-based searches. Certainly, voice search brings with it new challenges and opportunities for marketers as it’s no longer just another search alternative. Furthermore, voice search queries are often phrased as questions, such as “how do I make egg curry.”
With regular introduction of algorithms that feature advanced machine learning and natural language processing technologies, Google is increasingly focused upon understanding the intent of a search and providing users with relevant content. Most of the voice-search results are directly picked from featured snippets aka position zero. This makes sense as voice devices can only provide one answer and featured snippets offer succinct information. So by ensuring that your content covers intent of a search query, answering question-based longer phrases rather than specific keywords, and optimizing for featured snippets, you can survive the market trend of voice search and also benefit from it.
5. Go the Whole Hog with Visual Content The advent of voice search and quicker excess to information on search engines have stepped up the quality of our digital experience. Yet the span of advances on Google search, social media platforms and other sections of digital marketing does not compel us to trivialize visual content. Content marketing has undeniably panned out differently in recent years nonetheless we can’t disregard the significance of visual content.
It would be interesting for you to know that approx 65% of population are visual learners. These people learn and remember best via visual communication. It means that incorporation of visual content into your marketing strategy would boost interaction with audience and yield better engagement and thereupon lead up to increased brand awareness and conversion. The presence of almost every brand on social media platforms where the content is largely graphic oriented and extensive use of images in emailers as well as usage of emojies in captions, copies and other texts signify great worth of visual content to brands and marketers. Some other stats on visual information & marketing are: 1. 90% of all information processed by brain is visual. 2. We can get the sense of a visual scene in less than 1/10 of a second. 3. Compared to text, visuals are processed 60,000 times faster in the brain. 4. Publishers that feature infographics grow traffic 12% faster than publishers that don't feature infographics 5. Articles having images receive 94% more views as compared to those that don’t have any images. So, to make your marketing endeavours compelling and coherent, add infographics, images, videos and data visualizations to your content.
6. Personalization Works Wonders Personalization is what consumers anticipate and what marketing strategies should integrate. A personalized marketing approach helps not only to grab the customer’s attention but also to win their heart. Personalization strengthens the brand-customer bond by altering the brand’s communication to match the customer’s personal interests, behaviour and needs. Today, we see notifications from mobile apps having our name, brands communicate directly with us. The homepage of e-commerce sites and apps appears diverse to two different customers – it features products and categories according to a particular customer’s interests. Access to a person’s data from apps and websites allows brands to customize and personalize their messaging and services. The data also empowers them to identify what concerns the person most and consequently to come up with specific solutions. People are no longer getting attracted to generic messages and ads but rather they find interest in content that is personalized and intended to create real connection between them and a brand. In a survey it has emerged that 80% of people are more likely to do business with a brand that offers a personalized experience. As a marketer one should gather insights into their brand’s social media pages, website, email campaigns, apps and more, and attempt to personalize content, graphics, products, and services accordingly.
7. Live Video Makes Your Presence Authentic and Lively What enormously benefits a brand in getting loved by its actual and potential customers is its genuineness. Live videos which people believe are not pre-recorded – though some tools allow broadcasting a pre-recorded video as a live stream – help raise trust along with the advantage of being engaging. A marketer can use live videos to promote their brand’s authenticity by sharing the claimed features of a product/service. It’s also constructive that Live Video has truly become one of the most popular forms of online content, primarily on social media. On Facebook, people are spending 3x more time watching live videos and commenting ten times more during the broadcast, compared to pre-recorded video uploads. It’s crystal clear to marketing specialists that live video content is gaining momentum. In addition to authenticity and higher engagement, the other advantages include cost-efficiency as live broadcast can be done on a very little budget for the reason that you would only require a right combo of backdrop and environment, apart from a phone or computer to run the broadcast. These minor requirements also add the benefit of flexibility and mobility to a live stream as you can easily create & share diverse content from anywhere at any time. Live videos also generate returns as 52% marketing professionals globally consider this online content as the one with the best ROI.
8. Shoppable Posts and Social Media Social media has been an indispensable part of online marketing as SM platforms help achieve a wide span of marketing objectives. Undoubtedly these platforms have steadily evolved over the years to ensure smooth coexistence of brands, businesses and incredibly huge audience. Both organic and inorganic promotions on SM are well elaborated and supported by insights, analytics, and dozens of customizations and features. SM has kept on adding new components making the platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and
more not only engaging to audience but also rewarding to brands. Such an element introduced on Instagram was shoppable posts that appear like regular ones but have displayed products tagged and linked to a seller’s website. Shoppable posts have a small shopping bag icon on the top corner.
The feature is encouraging shopping behaviour owing to the convenience it offers as users can directly buy from the Instagram account. Earlier brands had to provide the URL in their bio or create clickable Instagram Stories. For e-commerce businesses, it becomes necessary to optimize their social media accounts and leverage this feature. Apart from the opportunities to benefit from interesting SM bits, investing in social media is a wise business move as it helps businesses to generate awareness, show authenticity, build engagement, remain competitive, facilitate easier means of communication & customer care, and grow economically.
9. Internet of Tremendous Things As Internet of Things (IoT) has enabled devices to own more intelligence than they possess as an independent piece of equipment, there has been notable development in consumer-brand interaction. Internet connectivity has made devices capable of sharing data enabling brands to better understand consumer needs and come up with specific solutions. Thereby IoT is leading up to innovation that is oriented towards improving consumers’ lives. Today the world is observing the ubiquity of smartphones, smart TVs, smartwatches and more. And, the coming years will see a growing trend of IoT-led consumer interaction with brands. Gartner forecasted that there will be 25 billion connected things by 2021. The huge number of connect devices means enormous amount of data rich in consumer insights that can be used to personalize marketing and enhance engagement with a brand.
10. Online and Offline Unification for Enhanced Reach In today’s world where businesses are intensely vying with each other for customers and conversions, it’s essential for a brand to have extensive reach through a known physical presence and engaging digital existence. With the fact that businesses and stores with little online promotion and presence were finding themselves behind in the race against competitors, the novel coronavirus has further crumbled them into dust. The pandemic has caused cessation of many stores’ operations and therefore their closures. During the world health emergency when people preferred and were told to remain indoors, online retailers and digital brands, and consequently jobs from digital domains, survived. Though more weight to online existence has been added by the unprecedented virus situation, the need for online existence had already become ineluctable as the market is covering far-flung corners of the world through digitalization and leading to increasing competition as well as benefits. Despite the rising ubiquity of digitalization, physical presence still has significance. In the coming years, brand stores will encourage engagement and augment customer experience in addition to facilitating trade. For better marketing results, physical and online existence should work in tandem where stores promote digital addresses and vice-versa. Integrated online-offline customer experience is a much needed marketing move.
2021 is yours and The Helicopter View of Miscellaneous Trends Now as you know the marketing strategies and trends that can scrape you through the stiff competition for popularity and the market, it’s the right time to adopt them and create a definite path to achieve your goals as early as possible. In addition to the above mentioned trends, there are a few other approaches that can help with your marketing endeavours. Such as people prefer to associate with brands that are sensitive to society and its issues, including environmental problems, discrimination, and social causes. Another digital marketing trend is Account-based marketing (ABM) that offers high ROI and increased deal size by facilitating info to key departments for solving problems. Other things that have an impact are influencer marketing, focus on customer retention and loyalty, and local marketing – utilization of geographical location data for customizing content.